The August has just passed and European major leagues have sealed a number of transfer deals this week. Some of them are related to some well-known names such as Marcel Sabitzer, Swiss ace Xerdan Shaqiri and the former Bayern and Real Madrid man, Alvaro Odriozola.
Bundesliga 2021/22 summer transfer window has been fairly quiet. Only a few recognisable names were involved in the move last month. Austrian versatile midfielder Marcel Sabitzer is one of them. He decided to sign for Bayern this season following the departure his manager last season, Julian Nagelsmann. Die Roeten only spent €15 million for this worthy move as Sabitzer was already in his last 12 months of his contract with RB Leipzig. He shall be the great addition for the Bavarian side due to his ability to feature in almost all positions in the midfield from defensive midfielder, central midfielder, playmaker, false nine and right wing back. Some other well-known names are the Brasilian goal scorer in Olympic 2021 final, Matheus Cunha and Denmark international Tomas Delaney. Both players picked La Liga as their next destination, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla.
Other notable later deals in Bundesliga:
- Josko Gvardiol Dinamo Zagreb to RB Leipzig €18.80 million
- Ilaix Moriba Barcelona to RB Leipzig € 16 million
- Mateo Pongracic Wolfsburg to Dortmund loan
- Luca Waldschmidt Benfica to Wolfsburg loan
- Genki Haraguchi Hannover to Union Berlin free
- Alexander Sorloth RB Leipzig to Real Sociedad loan
- Hwang Hee Chan RB Leipzig to Wolverhampton loan
- Wendell Leverkusen to Porto € 4 million
Meanwhile, Ligue 1 shocks more than any other major leagues this season by the arrival of big names. After the megastar Lionel Messi signing for PSG, Swiss international Xerdan Shaqiri and Jerome Boateng decided to switch side to Olympique Lyon. Les Gones had to pay € 6 million to The Reds but none for the former German international since he was already released by Bayern at the end of the season for free. Shaqiri and Boateng will be notable replacement for Peter Bosz’s side to improve their campaign this season, which is none but to make their return to the Champions League 2022/23.
Other notable later deals in Ligue 1
- Emerson Palimieri Chelsea to Lyon loan
- Mamadou Sakho Crystal Palace to Montpellier free
- Pablo Sarabia PSG to Sporting Lisbon loan
- Dario Benedetto Marseille to Elche loan
- Eduard Camavinga Rennes to Real Madrid € 31 million
- Calvin Stengs AZ Alkmaar to Nice € 15 million
In Serie A, Fiorentina is one of the busiest teams to close the deal in the later days till the deadline. La Viola finally managed to seal the loan of two high profile names from La Liga, Alvaro Odriozola from Real Madrid and Arsenal man who spent a year on loan in Atletico Madrid last season, Lucas Torreira. There has been no report yet for the fee on the loan transfer for Odriozola but the club did need € 1.50 million to wrap up the agreement on Torreira. Another late loan switch was also related to the former Fiorentina man, Giovanni Simeone. The son of Atletico Madrid boss apparently now had to move to Verona on loan after failing to impress Cagliari boss who managed to save Sardinian side from the relegation, Leonardo Semplici. The Argentine will be joining his former boss, Eusebio di Francesco to lift up the club’s campaign after Ivan Juric left the team.
Other notable later deals in Serie A:
- Joaquin Correa Lazio to Inter Milan loan
- Timoue Bakayoko Napoli /Chelsea to AC Milan loan
- Davide Zappacosta Genoa/Chelsea to Atalanta € 9 million
- Frank Zambo Anguissa Fulham to Napoli loan
- Matja Nastasic Schalke to Fiorentina € 500 thousand
- Keita Balde Sampdoria/Monaco to Cagliari free
- Denis Praet Leicester to Torino loan
- Patrick Cutrone Wolverhampton to Empoli loan
- Robin Olsen Roma to Sheffield United loan
- Takehiro Tomiyasu Genoa to Arsenal € 18.60 million