Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton won the Formula 1 stage in Belgium. Lewis overtook Valtteri Bottas and Max Verstappen. Ferrari was left without glasses for the first time in 10 years – Vettel and Leclair arrived on 13 and 14. The pilot of the day was named Pierre Gasly from Alpha Tauri.
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) – 44 laps
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) +8.448
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) +15.455
- Daniel Riccardo (Renault) +18.877
- Esteban Ocon (Renault) +40.650
- Alex Albon (Red Bull) +42.712
- Lando Norris McLaren +43.774
- Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri) +47.712
- Lance Stroll (“Racing Point”) +52.603
- Sergio Perez (Racing Point) +53.179
“Today we we’re lucky; in previous years you’d have a headwind into Turn 5 and so you’re more draggy, the car behind gets a better tow. This weekend there was a tailwind and that really helped to keep the car behind.” Hamilton said.
After the Belgian Grand Prix, Hamilton leads the overall standings, 47 points ahead of Verstappen. Valtteri Bottas is the third.